Sanzharali Kopbaev: “I have almost no free time”
Young participant Grand Piano Competition, who arrived from Kazakhstan, Sanzharali Kopbaev learned all the works of his program specifically for the contest.
What kind of enthusiasm with the artistic director of the competition besides Sanzharali’s music is, the contestant told immediately after his rehearsal at the Concert Hall of the Tchaikovsky Estate.
– Tell me, how was the training? For the program, did you take the works from the old repertoire or did you learn something specifically for the contest?
– I’ve been preparing for this contest since the summer. This is a completely new program for me, I chose all the compositions myself. When I learned, I started playing at concerts at my school in Kazakhstan.
Thank you, the announcement is hidden.
|Thank you, the announcement is hidden.|
– And what was given to you when preparing is more difficult – technical perfection or transfer of the image?
– Perhaps, the transfer of the image. It seems to me that this is the most difficult.
– At the competition, the participants have the opportunity to choose a grand piano on which the program will be performed. Which one did you choose?
– I chose Steinway. It was easy to do – I believe that the pianos of this company are the best. I really like their sound, especially the crystal upper case.
– Tell me, what is your routine? Time to relax is found?
– I have almost no free time. In the morning lessons, in the afternoon study, in the evening again to be engaged. I like to communicate and walk with friends, but, unfortunately, it turns out not to do so often.
– A well-known fact that Denis Leonidovich Matsuev loves football. Are you fond of any sport?
– I also love and watch football, and play it myself. Soon there will be a championship in our school, I think I will take part in it.
Sanjarali Kopbaev was born in 2003, studying in the Republican Kazakh secondary specialized school named after Ahmet Zhubanov for gifted children (class Gulzhan Kazybekova).
Participant of the XVII International television contest “The Nutcracker” (2016). Laureate of international competitions Astana Piano Passion (2013, II Prize, 2014, I Prize), Merсi, Maestro (2016, Brussels, I Prize), Republican competition in Almaty (2017, Grand Prix). Semi-finalist and winner of the “Nadezhda Prize” at the 10th Tchaikovsky International Youth Competition (2017).
Repeatedly participated in international festivals, headed by Denis Matsuev, in Moscow, Voronezh, Irkutsk.
In September 2016, a solo concert of Kopbaev was held in Mumbai (India), organized by Professor Birmingham Conservatory, founder of the Symphony Orchestra of India, Honored Artist of Kazakhstan Marat Bisengaliev.
ClassicalMusicNews.Ru is leading a text broadcast devoted to Grand piano competition.
Interviewed by Natalya Poddubnyak