July 4 in the history of rock – William Goldsmith’s birthday
43 years old will be performed by an American drummer known to us in the Sunny bands Day Real Estate and Foo Fighters – William Goldsmith. Read interesting facts from his biography in a selection of Rockcult.
- William was born in Seattle, Washington, USA.
- Passion for music birthday boy felt as a child when the older brother introduced him to the work of The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Elvis Costello, he Attractions and Talking Heads.
- Little William was so fond of the drums and The Beatles that he wanted to become sure as John Lennon, but in the drumming game.
- Goldsmith collected his first group in the fifth grade, called Screaming Hormones; in high school founded the duet “The 13” with John Atkins.
- William is a big fan of post-hardcore. Favorite albums of the drummer in this musical direction are Repeater – Fugazi and debut album Nirvana – Bleach.
- Sunny Group Day Real Estate, through which we know Goldsmith disintegrated and again met three times.
- William released two albums with Foo Fighters and left the band because of disagreements with the band’s leader, the Grol.
- Goldsmith prefers to play on the Ayotte drum set with Zildjian plates.
- Before each concert, William spends a couple of minutes in silence to clear his thoughts and try not to think about anything during the performance.
- William is a sweet tooth, according to the drummer himself, he can eat a ton of chocolate.
- Music for Goldsmith is a means of uniting people.